Monday, January 25, 2010

Traveling Secrets: The Train Case

Train cases. Why are they so addicting? I think it's the idea of a secret, hidden compartments, a place for private things, perfumes, make-up, love letters. See a woman walking through a room carrying a vintage traincase and you will want to know what's inside. Isn't curiosity fabulous. ;-)


Powder blue fly away case w/lucite tray, $45, dahlilafound


The creme de la creme: *pink* Elizabeth Arden Train Case at Pinguim, $200



Olive green mystery at SweetLoveVintage, $30


White marbled beauty at LucyMaude, $36


Bright red at LittleByrdVintage, $21.50
There's nothing so wonderfully vintage as finding your very own train case. Enjoy!

dahlila xxoo

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that last pink one looks so familiar. I think my mom had a baby-blue version of it. These photos bring back memories of childhood trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Elizabeth Arden one is soooo fab!! I know, there is just someithn about them, isn't there. I have onehere at home that is my tool box, all hammers and screwdrivers :)
    Thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments, ladies. Memories & utility. Mine is full of grandma's jewelry & when I open it it smells just like her. :-)

    ReplyDelete