Tuesday, July 13, 2010

VERA at the Beach House

Life is so funny. Sometimes what you want is right in front of your face and you don't even see it. Well, I don't anyway. Our family has a beach house that my grandfather built in the 50s. It's funky & fabulous, and our family rotates through it all summer long.
While I was there through the holiday I was searching through the linen's closet when I spotted a bright yellow and orange sticking out from the bottom pile. I knew at once. I just knew.
I got more excited than a minor striking gold. I pulled them out and was enveloped in bold butterflies! I fondled for a tag and there it was "Vera Collection, Burlington." I nearly shrieked.
All these years--all those eras!--there they sat, mostly unused, my mother later tells me--just waiting for me to discover Vintage and Vera.
So, of course, I had to share them with you. Do I keep them or sell them? There are two twin fitted & one flat sheet. They won't fit my bed. Decisions, decisions.
Meanwhile, I'm enjoying just having them and knowing where they were hiding out all these years, at home. :-)

d xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment