Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sweet & Pleasing

I found this festive watering can at my favorite thrift last week. I bought it to sell, but when I got it home and arranged it for photos, I fell in love with it. It's so simple and cheery and makes the perfect flower pot for long stemmed flowers. It's unique, colorful, whimsical. How can I let it go?

Normally I am a very focused vintage shopper. I love what I find, but I'm also clear that this is my business. I am buying for customers. If I kept all the goodies for myself I'd just be some hording collector. And really, what fun is that? Sharing is better.

And yet...once in a while I keep a piece or two for myself. Nothing huge or dramatic, rarely expensive, just a little something sweet and pleasing for myself. Sometimes I keep them for a while, sometimes for a very long while, but eventually most lovelies I pass on. Isn't that what Vintage is all about? ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I know what you mean. It's hard to let go of the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete